Rising Star Showcase - 2017 Student Concert
Saturday 16 September Showtime 6:30pm
Coogee Diggers Auditorium Cnr Byron & Carr Streets.
Rory Phillips & Chloe Buchan will share the stage with GJMusic students to showcase and celebrate young rising stars and aspiring musicians.
What's the Goal?
The goal is for each student to experience the thrill of performing in a theatre venue and to learn what it takes to commit, work as a team and prepare for a live show.
How do I Register?
- Enrol for Term 3 and have your term fees paid up.
- ANY STUDENT who has enrolled in Term 3 is entitled to perform in a whole school group item at the concert. Solos and other groups will be auditioned.
- Fill out the registration form on this page which includes $20 registration fee. This fee is to hire a sound technician so we all sound fabulous on stage!
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
- Save these dates: 16/9 sound check on day of concert. Sunday 10/9 11am-1pm for a rehearsal at the Diggers Club.
- DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS SAT. 5 AUGUST
Who Can Participate?
- ALL students are invited to register and will perform in at least ONE whole school guitar and/or singing group act.
- These whole school group acts are open to everyone and are not auditioned acts so everyone gets a chance to join in the fun on stage!
- Special guest stars, including Rory Phillips, have been invited to perform alongside our students.
What's the Commitment?
- Rehearsal at the venue Sunday 10/9 11am-1:00pm.
- Sound check on day of concert 16/9. Time to be advised.
- Auditions for solo and small group acts on Sunday 13 August 10:30am OLA Parish Centre.
- Accepted acts will need to be prepared and rehearsed.
What Acts will be Auditioned?
- Solos, duets and ALL group acts (other than whole school group acts) will need to be auditioned as we won't have time on the night to include everyone.
- Start learning your songs as we'll choose the acts that are prepared and the most entertaining!
- Successful auditioned acts will need to be free for a sound check on the day of the concert. This is a requirement for participation so please keep it free.
When Can I Audition?
- Week 4-5 of the term (date/time to be advised)
- We will use lesson time in Term 3 to prepare.
What if I'm not involved in the Concert?
- The work we will do in class will be of benefit to all students regardless of whether they participate or not.
Other Concert Details
- Cover Charge for adults on the night will pay for auditorium room hire. This is separate to the registration fee/production expenses. Children will attend for free.
- Tickets: Available at the door by cash on the night.
- Video: There will be no professional video available, feel free to film to your heart's content!
- Raffle: We will raffle a new guitar along with other items - so will be calling for parent volunteers to help out with selling raffle tickets.
- Bar facilities available in the auditorium.
- Bistro meals available before concert.
Thank you for taking the time to read these terms and conditions so that we all know what's expected and appreciate what's involved in putting on a great show!